If you face high CPU usage due to the WaasMedic Agent.exe process on your system, read this blog to solve this problem.
Is your device overheating or slowing down due to WaasMedicAgent.exe. You are not alone; many users have complained that their PC lags too much in performing tasks.
Let’s Get fixed WaasMedic Agent.exe
It happens because of the WaasMedic Agent.exe, which consumes most of the memory of a laptop or PC.
To help you resolve this problem, we have listed the best solutions to fix the WaasMedic Agent.exe High Disk Usage on Windows 11.
What is WaasMedic Agent.exe?
WaasMedicAgent.exe is the Windows Update Media Service by Microsoft Corporation. You can find Waasmedicagent.exe in the Task Manager on your computer, which keeps running in the background to smooth the Windows update process. WaasMedic Agent.exe removes and replaces any corrupt files or malware in Windows 11.
Is WaasMedic agent.exe harmful like a virus?
No, WaasMedic Agent is a service program digitally signed by Microsoft Corporation to keep your PC running smoothly. Sometimes, you may get a virus in the Waasmedic agent.
We can help you check if there’s a virus or not with these simple steps:
- Press the three Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open Task Manager.
- Look for WaasMedic Agent.exe and right-click on it to see the details.
- Select Open file location.
- If you know this address C:\Windows\System32, then it is not a virus.
And if you don’t see the given address, it might be a virus or spyware. You can run a full system scan using the anti-virus program installed on your PC.
Read More: Fix 405 Method Not Allowed Error
Top fixes to resolve Waasmedic Agent Exe high CPU usage issues
Solution 1: Update Windows 11 to Fix WaasMedic Agent.exe
If your PC is outdated, it may be one of the causes of the WaasMedic Agent.exe high Disk Usage, and it may also increase CPU usage.
To make your CPU perform better, make sure that your Windows OS is up to date, and you can also fix agent.exe Windows 11.
Steps to update your Windows 11 OS:
- Click on the Windows
- Click on the settings icon, and a new window will pop up.
- Select Windows Update from the left menu and then click on Check for updates
- If there is any update available, start updating the PC. Restart your PC once updated.
Read Also: Hulu keeps crashing- fix the issue
Solution 2: Disk Cleanup to Fix WaasMedic Agent.exe High Disk Usage on Windows 11
Your system performs slow when there is not enough space on your disk due to WaasMedic Agent.exe. You can improve the performance by deleting unnecessary junk files on Windows 11.
Follow the steps to run the Disk Cleanup tool on Windows 11 to free up space on your system.
- Type Disk Cleanup in the search bar and then click to Open.
- Select the drive on which Windows 11 has been installed from the new pop-up window and then press Enter.
- Select the files you want to delete and click on the Cleanup system file Then press OK.
- Finally, restart your PC.
Solution 3: Disable WaasMedic Agent.exe From Task Scheduler
You can disable tasks related to agent.exe to fix high disk usage. Follow the steps to disable WaasMedic Agent.exe through Task Scheduler:
- Type Task Scheduler in the search bar and click to open
- Double-click on Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft, double-click on Windows > WaasMedic.
- Check for any scheduled task, right-click on it and select Disable.
- Restarting your PC and checking if WaasMedic Agent.exe high disk usage is fixed.
Solution 4: Turn On DEP to Fix Agent.exe
If there is any Malware or any other kind of virus in your system, it can lead to agent.exe high disk usage. You can turn on DEP(Data Execution Prevention) to protect your system against threats and viruses.
Follow the steps to turn DEP on:
- Type Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows in the search bar and click on Open to launch.
- In the performance window, go to the Data Execution Prevention option.
- Click on the radio buttons as shown in the image.
- Click on Add and search for exe.
- Next, click on Open, and it will be added under the protection of DEP. Click Apply and Ok to save the changes.
- Restart your PC after saving changes and check if WaasMedic Agent.exe’s high disk usage is fixed.
Read Also On How to Fix Error 0x0 0x0?
Solution 5: Disable WaasMedic Agent.exe Via Registry Editor
If any of the above solutions don’t work for you, you can disable WaasMedic Agent.exe to avoid high disk usage.
Here are the steps to disable the agent.exe:
- Press Windows key + R together to open the run dialogue box.
- Type Regedit and press Enter; the registry editor will open.
- In the Registry Editor, paste the below address in the address bar:
- Double-click on Start in the WaasMedicSvc
- Change its value data to 4, click on OK to save changes, and restart your PC.
FAQs For WaasMedic agent.exe
Can I disable WaasMedic agent.exe?
Yes, it is possible to disable WaasMedic Agent.exe. You can do it with the help of a third-party software known as a Windows update blocker. Make sure to download the software from an authentic website.
Will it be safe to disable the WaasMedic Agent.exe?
It is recommended to disable WaasMedic Agent.exe when no other solution works. Your Windows OS relies on it as it transfers information and protects your system from threats. So, if you disable waasmedicagent.exe, you might face a corrupt updates problem.
Waasmedicagent.exe is a service system to help you maintain your PC running in good condition. But sometimes, it causes the PC to run slow because of high memory consumption.
Thankfully, you can solve these issues using one of the solutions given in the blog. Try these best fixes for Waasmedicagent.exe for high disk usage in Windows 11. You can efficiently perform these solutions, free up space on your PC, and improve its performance.