A multitude of LG users are dealing with the “LG IMS keep stopping” error on their smart devices. Are you, too, one of them? Then, you’re in the right place. If you’re someone, a victim of the same issue, then this article is exactly for you where you’ll get a comprehensive solution on how to fix LG IMS keeps stopping.
Following the Android patch update on LG phones, the users have encountered many issues from the LG IMS service not working correctly to stopping unexpectedly. The “LG IMS keeps stopping” error keeps popping up on some of the user’s phones, and it bothers them a lot.
If you’re an LG user you might be wondering if there’s any solution to troubleshoot the issue, right? I’m sure you’re looking for the right solutions to deal with the same problem and fix the LG IMS, keep stopping errors to make your device like a new one.
Considering your concerns, we’ve come up with this article that consists of an end-to-end guide on how to fix the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error on your phone. All you need to do is to go through this article, explore every step suggested, and employ them to make your phone a dream come true.
IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) is a framework, an architectural one that offers a standardization process for IP media services. It’s a pre-installed application on Android phones that allows constant communication between phone and service provider. IMS offers communication solutions, for instance, calls and texts making use of IP networks.
What is LG IMS?
LG IMS offers IMS service packs that ensure VoLTE (Voice Over Long-Term Evolution and WI FI competencies on LG devices. It isn’t a problematic package and there’s no issue when it’s installed on your Android device. However, there are many problems that get noticed by the user, they aren’t the problems actually but how the framework functions. Let’s know what lg ims keep-stopping error is.
What’s the “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” Error?
Now, that we know the IMS, and LG IMS, it’s time to know what LG IMS keeps stopping errors. After an Android patch update on LG phones, the users dealt with many issues. These issues are, for instance, LG IMS keeps stopping, or not working, and so on.
LG phones come engrained with one LG IMS App allowing users to make and receive calls, send text, and exchange files over a 4G LTE or 5G network, making the LG IMS application essential for the device. Let’s know what issues you can come across and then how to fix them.
Reasons That Are Likely To Cause “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” Error?
Want to know the reasons? There can be numerous reasons for the “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” Error. Let’s take a glance at some of them.
- Obsolete Applications— If you have an application that’s obsolete and isn’t compatible with the current or latest version of Android, there is a possibility of the error occurring.
- Standard Messaging Apps— There may be a distinction in the configuration files used by the network provider prior to offering communication based on your location. It may involve phone messaging, the internet, and so on. If they conflict with the messaging app, it can cause an issue.
- A Corrupted Cache— When the cache that’s been stored is corrupted, it may cause an issue with applications, especially messaging apps. It may cause the IMS service
- Third-Party Messaging Apps— If you have a third-party messaging app capable of taking over the default app, it’s more likely to cause the default app to be disabled or blocked. It’ll cause the error message to appear.
- Older Android Software— In case your Android device isn’t updated, it can lead to the chances of occurring the error.
Check How To Fix 405 Method Not Allowed Error on Your WordPress Site
Guide on LG IMS Keeps Stopping How To Fix
As of now, we explored every basic and significant facet including what’s IMS, what’s LG IMS, what’s LG IMS keeps stopping errors, along with the reasons causing the issue, You may be getting impatient to know how to fix the issue, right? Be patient, your waiting ends here. Let’s explore how to fix the”LG IMS keeps stopping” error on your Android device for an enhanced experience.
Reboot Your Phone
The first in this guide is to reboot your phone. You can use it to resolve the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error on your smart device. When you have this issue called “LG IMS keeps stopping” on your phone, your phone is likely to get bug files preventing it from functioning appropriately.
In order to fix this error, you must clear the bug file on your phone, and rooting the phone is the option to go with. It will flush your device’s RAM, causing the bug files to be cleared.
Consider Updating LG IMS App
In case, the LG IMS App on your phone isn’t updated, it may lead to compatibility errors on the device resulting in the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error. To troubleshoot this issue, you will need to consider updating the LG IMS Application by visiting the Google Play Store and following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the Google Play Store using your phone.
- To bring up the Google Play menu, click on the hamburger icon.
- Select My Apps & Games from the menu.
- Then, locate the Lg IMS app in the app list under the installed tab.
- Now, click on the Updated and the LG IMS Application will start getting updated.
- Once done, make sure the issue is fixed.
Re-install LG IMS Application
Another way to troubleshoot the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error on your phone, is to re-install the LG IMS application. You can consider reinstalling the LG IMS App intending to fix the issue. A large number of users have resolved this issue by reinstalling the application.
Clear LG IMS App And & System Cache Data
There are people out there who reported that they fixed the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error with this step. They reported that by clearing the LG IMS App and system cache data they got rid of the issue. Therefore, give it a try by making use of these below-mentioned steps:
- Tap on the LG IMS App icon.
- Then, select the info icon.
- Select clear data.
- Then, you’ll be able to clear the LG IMS cache data successfully.
- You will be required to launch the application.
- Then, make sure the error has been resolved.
Disable The Application
The next step you can choose to use is to disable the application. In case the”LG IMS keeps stopping” issue on your phone persists, you may not be able to utilize the WiFi calling or VoLTE services, but you can simply disable the app from your phone to circumvent the situation.
Want to disable the LG IMS app from your device? Consider the following steps mentioned below.
- First of all Dial 277634#*#.
- After that select Field Test, Modern Setting, and Toggle VoLTE on/off.
- Consider restarting the phone to accomplish the process.
Utilize Hidden Menu And Alter The IP Version
Another way to troubleshoot the LG IMS keeps stopping errors. is to change the hidden menu and IP version. This process can also be an effective way to get rid of the issue.
To alter the IP version, you will have to follow the following steps:
- Dial 277634#*#.
- Choose to locate and tap the IP version
- Then, switch from IPV6V4 to IPV4V6.
Consider Restarting Your Phone
Last but not the least, restart your phone. When you come across a situation where all these steps and efforts become ineffective, you can choose to restart the device. By restarting, you can fix the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error and make your phone free of bugs. You should follow these steps in case you want to restart the device.
Note: Never forget to back up your Android data prior to trying a factory reset otherwise, you will run out of all your data.
- Click Settings on the home screen on your phone.
- Scroll unless, or until you find out the About Phone option.
- When you find the About Phone option, tap on it.
- Choose factory reset.
- Click Erase all data so that you confirm the process.
- When the process is done you can reset your phone successfully.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
We’ve discussed every step we think is essential for you to get rid of the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error on your LG device. Consider browsing through this article thoroughly, read on to each of the suggested steps, and choose to use what suits your needs the most. If you use these tips to resolve the issues we bet you’ll be capable of fixing the LG IMS that keeps stopping errors on your phone.